What is a Daring Doer?
1. An audacious person fueled by wild passion and sheer determination.
2. Rarely bothered by sleepless nights, she keeps her engine running on pure adrenaline and a commitment to doing good (serving her target market) and doing well (profiting big-time).
3. Never to be confused with an ordinary small business owner, she’s defying the odds, making money and building an empire.
We love nothing more than meeting–and promoting–incredible women who are daring to do great things to grow small businesses. It doesn’t matter what industry they’re in, they all share one key quality: None of these women are waiting for the “right time.“ Oh, no. They know their time is NOW. We salute them.
To nominate a Daring Doer for promotion, fill out the following questions and email responses along with a headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business name
- Launch month/year
- Describe your business in one sentence.
- How and when did you have the ‘Ah ha’ moment that led you to launching this business?
- Who is your ideal customer/target market?
- How’d you land your very first customer or client?
- How do you measure success and what early successes can you share?
- What’s the biggest struggle you’ve encountered? How exactly did you overcome it?
- What has surprised you most about running your business?
- What specifically have you done well to promote the business that can be directly traced to sales?
- What two things do you know now that you wish you would’ve known when you started? (Or before you started?)
- What keeps you up at night (business-wise!)?
- Ever tempted to throw in the towel and just get a job? Why/why not?
- What’s your biggest business goal over the next 12 months and what will you do to meet it?
- Pricing is always a challenge for women business owners. What’s your advice on getting it right?
- Funding is never simple. What kind of money did you need and how did you get it? What’s your advice on pursuing funding?
- Please share a few tips that are specific to your industry. For example, advice and insights on packaging, manufacturing, prototypes, sourcing, promotion, etc.
- What’s your must-read online resource in your industry? Why?
- Complete these sentences:
The absolute best part of owning my business is_____________.
If I had to start over again, I would have________________.
I never imagined ___________ would be so difficult.
If standing on a rooftop facing crowds of aspiring or struggling small business owners, I would shout______________________.