We’re challenging you to a 21-day commitment to share the little or big things you’re grateful for. Instead of assuming nothing went well — or everything went poorly — focus on a few things that you appreciate.
Comment below to add your 3 things today and come back daily through Monday, February 27.
Here are the three things I’m grateful for today:
Day #21 – 02/27/12:
- Being rid of a cold that knocked me out for three days…fortunately it was the weekend!
- Excitement for some very promising meetings this week.
- Fresh flowers all around our office.
Day #20 – 02/26/12:
- Having my kids home after a week away!
- Lounging with the New York Times.
- Catching up on magazines.
Day #19 – 02/25/12:
- Love DayQuil for helping to save me from every cold symptom.
- Tissues with aloe–they help prevent redness.
- Peter’s homemade chicken soup.
Day #18 – 02/24/12:
- Grateful to be heavily involved with a life-changing new show about to launch on Yahoo! and ABC.
- Just one more day til my kids are back home!
- Big results, which means huge savings, from yesterday’s GMA deals segment.
Day #17 – 02/23/12:
- A house of noise and laughter, which has sadly been silenced this week because my kids are away. Miss them!
- Continuously amazed by our Spark & Hustle HOST Committee — they’re rockin every event, generated enthusiasm in new ways for us. Love them.
- Women For Hire magazine is off to the printer…just sent the 2012 issue to press.
Day #16 – 02/22/12:
- Appreciative of the entries in our crowdspring competition for a Spark & Hustle ad in SUCCESS magazine.
- Relieved to have all of the signed releases in hand for my book—not a fun process to collect.
- Excited about my meeting with a top ecommerce site and what it could mean for our Spark & Hustle community of product sellers.
Day #15 – 02/21/12:
- One of my favorite women said YES to speak at Spark & Hustle!
- One of my favorite media brands is just days away from finalizing our partnership agreement for the big Spark & Hustle tour.
- Lining up very cool things for this week’s GMA deals segment. Love when it all comes together.
Day #14 – 02/20/12:
- I’m grateful for the promise of the week ahead!
- I’m excited to get to know the local sponsors that are signing on for Spark & Hustle.
- I’m missing my kids, but happy they’re having fun in the sun in Florida.
Day #13 – 02/19/12:
- Great books. I’m reading two business books now and it’s always refreshing to pick up new perspectives.
- Generating ideas on Sundays. It’s my best day to dream and scheme.
- Dentyne Fire gum. Insane, right? But I love this sugar-free gum.
Day #12 – 02/18/12:
- Time with my kids. They’re leaving today for a week in Miami and I miss them already.
- Time with my husband. While we love when everyone is together, Peter and I will have fun as empty-nesters this week.
- The best friends. I’m lucky to have very special friends who always have my back and always cheer me on with the best ideas.
Day #11 – 02/17/12:
- The amazing women who are registering for Spark & Hustle every day.
- The smart men who are registering, too. They know a good event when they see it!
- Tonight is Johnson Family Fun night with my family!
Day #10 – 02/16/12:
- Hundreds of you who tuned in to yesterday’s teleclasses. Thank you!
- The opportunity to offer amazing deals to GMA viewers like I did this morning.
- Nice girls!
Day #9 – 02/15/12:
- Appreciative that I get to host a teleclass today to serve hundreds of women who’ll call in.
- Thrilled to have (finally) turned in my last book edits from the copyeditor.
- Loving the Valentines my kids made for me yesterday.
Day #8 – 2/14/12: Love Edition
- Love the newest member of the Spark & Hustle team — Mariana Lenox joins us from SUCCESS magazine.
- Love my sweet husband Peter and our amazing family.
- Love all of you for taking part in this 21 day challenge and declaring what you love too.
Day # 7 – 2/13/12:
- Monday mornings—full of hope, optimism and opportunity for the week ahead.
- The privilege to believe and to be curious—to explore, to see where the dream goes.
- Connecting after many years with my very first boss for lunch today!
Day # 6 – 2/12/12:
- Lazy Sunday mornings with the New York Times.
- Sunday afternoons spark some of my best ideas, including today.
- Finally (for real) wrapping up edits to my next book.
Day # 5 – 2/11/12:
- Love spending the whole weekend with my kids and smothering them with love and laughs.
- Appreciative of blurbs for my new book from two of my favorite women: Barbara Corcoran and Liz Lange.
- Warm blankets and heat when it’s freezing outside like today, especially since it’s not a given for everyone by any means.
Day #4 – 2/10/12:
- The warm cappuccino with a sprinkle of cinnamon that my husband just bought me.
- Escaping into dreamland on Pinterest.com/ToryJohnson.
- Friday! It’s been a long week. Excited for Johnson Family Fun Night this evening.
Day #3 – 2/9/12:
- My GMA viewers. I love the privilege of reporting on GMA each week. Love, love, love.
- My staff. We have a great group of gals hustling in our office.
- Big earrings. Can’t a girl be grateful for material things too?
Day #2 – 2/8/12:
- Interviewing Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project for ABC News. She strengthened my commitment to this program.
- Straight A report cards for the second quarter for my kids.
- 10 new HOSTS signing on to support Spark & Hustle.
Day #1 – 2/7/12:
- Chaos-free early mornings. My kids wake up on their own — and have since kindergarten — to get ready without any kind of struggle. All lovey-dovey — the perfect way to start our days.
- Fake lashes. Not the strip kind that my daughter had fun gluing to my lids. No thanks. Just a few individuals in the corners that make me feel more alive and wide-eyed! Best way to conceal late nights.
- Gorgeous weather. Sunny and 50 in February. I’ll take it with pleasure.